Thursday, December 4, 2008

You're Gonna Miss This

Well folks, not much has changed since I posted last and I’m glad. We’ve had enough change in the last year of our lives to last me a while. We got married, we’ve moved twice, (3 times if you count living with Matt’s parents while we looked for jobs), I have job hunted 3 times, and finally Matt had to also. We added Rufus to the mix and now we are heading back to school. I think that’s enough changes for one year.
One year ago this week, Matt was just barely home for his post-deployment leave. It was a lot colder, and we had a lot more snow but I can already feel the excitement that is coming up ahead. Christmas is coming, which I love. I thought that would be something I outgrew when I wasn’t a kid anymore, but I think the older I get, the more I appreciate and love the holiday and the joy that comes a long with it. Especially since it is so close to our anniversary. I hope our excitement this time of year is something we never lose. It’s funny but I feel giddy again, like I’m about to be officially proposed to again, and go to the temple for the first time.
This is a great time of year, and a good time for stopping to think about everything you have. I wish I could make a standing appointment with myself monthly, weekly, daily? I don’t know…but to take the time to take stock of everything I have and be glad I’m at this part of my life. And I think that’s something everyone can do, no matter what part of their life they are in. I may not be rich, or have kids, or live on the beach, but I am a newlywed who has a great hubby, a family that I love spending time with, a job I like to go to every day, food to eat and a roof over my head. And Rufus, of course. : ) This year has been the best year of my life so far. And don’t you cynics say it’s because I’m a newlywed! I know it’s a big part of it, but it’s because I’m married not because I’m a newlywed. I’m sure next year I’ll be blogging my guts out again saying that 2009 was the best year of my life so far, and ten years from now I’ll be saying 2018 was the best year of my life so far. I just love being married and having a team mate I can bounce ideas off of, and that my team mate will pick me up when I fall on my face, like I often do. Anywho, guess that about sums it up.
Enjoy the part of life you are at now, before it’s over!

2 comments:

Reeders said...

I'm really happy that things are going well for you guys. Congratulations on everything.

Audrey Seymour said...

WOW time flies and flies again! 1 year already! it seems like it was yesterday that we were just talking about him being gone and organizing the wedding and everything. That's crazy...Crazy good!