Monday, March 30, 2009

Rufus...

Anyone looking to adopt a cat?
Since we have discovered the last 2 months or so ago that I am allergic to Rufus, he has been locked out of our bedroom. I'm pretty sure everyone that reads this blog knows that we live in a err...."cozy" (that's what the nice word for tiny is right?) one bedroom apartment. So he's pretty limited on space right now. If you read my last post, you know that Rufus chewed up our laptop's power cord a little over a week ago. Well, he did us one better on Saturday.
We were both gone all day, Matt was at work, and I went to a baby shower during the day and at night we went to a wedding reception. I checked in on him and fed him and played with him before I had to go, but...! When Matt went home to shower and change for the reception, he discovered the little hellion chewed through those A/V chords that connected our DVD player to our TV, and also the Hi Def chords to the XBOX. On top of that... he climbed into one of our lower cupboards and chewed up the chord to my griddle. DANG CAT!
On one hand I am so fed up replacing everything and trying new ways to lock him out of things, but on the other I feel so bad that he's so unhappy! He has no place to play, and didn't do this until we started locking him out. We're trying a few last resorts, like moth balls, (thanks for that suggestion Steve! Rufus HATES the smell so far.) but if he chews up anything else, we've decided we need to find him a new home. He's getting pretty dang expensive!! We're looking to upgrade our apartment or possibly buy a small house when our lease comes due, but that's not for 5 more months. So we're thinking maybe we could find him a temporary home... we'll see what happens.
Matt still hasn't heard anything about the job on Hill, but Captain Snee told him it would take a while anyway. And with our experience with the government, we know that's true... So hopefully we'll be hearing some good news here in the next few weeks.

2 comments:

Audrey Seymour said...

shoot I was not quick enough. I wanted Rufus. I am so sorry Bandit died though

Reeders said...

Okay I have no idea how I missed this post. I just was reading back through and noticed it. I had seen the one about your sisters cat (sorry by the way) and was a little confused about the things work out or not title. I GET IT NOW! Anyways I hate how things like that work. We got our cats when we only had my 13 year old dog and they got so much attention then. But when my dog died we got new puppies and I'm afraid that they decided they didn't like us anymore because they weren't getting enough attention and decided to stop using their litter box and just go where they wanted to. I can't tell you about the guilt that I feel about our cats being "outside" cats now (atleast they're spayed though). It sucks!!! But especially with baby coming, there's not much we can do. I hope my dogs don't decide to hate me because I pay too much attention to my baby! Scary!