Friday, December 4, 2009

I'm done!

After this past week, those 2 words could have a plethora (love that word) of different meanings coming from the two of us. If Matt had said them, they could mean "I'm done working for Les Schwab", since he was laid off Monday, or they could mean "I've found as many new jobs to apply for as I can do for now, so I'm done for the day." Coming from me they could mean "I'm done with this old car" since it broke down the same day Matt lost his job, or "I'm done stressing out". It could have meant "I'm done working 6 days a week, I'm ready to sleep." But instead, I'm happy to announce that when I say "I'm done", it is in reference to my Christmas shopping. Oh, that's right. I'm DONE!!!!

My fab sis-in-law told me it was her goal to be finished by the 1st of December this year so she could focus more on her family and enjoying Christmas, and at first I will admit I bawked a little bit. At first I thought, "You must have been planning for ages already, there's no way I could do that." And then I started thinking, "Well, why couldn't I do it, too? It's not impossible... I'm going to do it." And I did! And now, in light of recent events, I'm so glad I did! Not only financially but for the peace of mind. I may not have finished by the 1st, but I don't think the 3rd is too bad of a record. So thanks Claire, for setting the bar high!

Now I have 21 more days to enjoy this season and spend this time with my great hubbs. He is working his tail off right now trying to find a job, and since he can't sit still (he gets that from his dad), my house is actually clean now! With me working all the time the only day I had to clean or do laundry was Sunday and I hate that. So it's been nice to have another set of hands to help me out, plus we've been able to spend a lot more time together. Which I guess doesn't make sense, because we were pretty much working the same hours before. Funny how things work out. This could easily have turned into the most stressful time in our marriage, but it has turned into one of the happiest. Which is weird, since I'm such a worrying control freak, but it is amazing the comfort you can receive if you're open to it. We both know everything is going to turn out just fine, so for now we're going to try and enjoy this season (and our anniversary, yay!) as much as possible.

I guess all I really wanted to do was to rub in that I am totally prepared for Christmas, and I just wanted to say that I hope everyone takes the time to enjoy this season, and gets to really enjoy it. Hot chocolate for all!

4 comments:

The Phillips said...

we are so glad that things are going good for you guys!!! We'll pray for you guys that Matt may find a job here soon!!! We love you and only hope the best for you guys! If there's anything that we can do to help you out, even just a little bit, just let us know!

Trav kris and conley said...

Congrats on the shopping! Im not to far behind ya! But you still beat me!Sorry about matt. Rotten timing. But im glad things are working out!

Cindi~Chad said...

I'm impressed Sierra. Now you totally have me thinking. Sorry to hear about Matt. Good luck on the job hunt. You will be in our prayers.

Audrey Seymour said...

Girl.. I totally relate (not being done with Christmas shopping because i'm not) but stressful times in a couple make you so close. And I loveee getting hugs from my hubby when life gets tough!

Anyway We love you! Hang in there!