Monday, December 7, 2009

Speechless...

So Monday morning, I was awakened to my vibrating phone. My first thought was "Ah great, is it really time to wake up already?". I reached over to turn off my alarm, but it was ringing instead. I thought that was a bit odd. I looked at the caller ID, and it said Private. So my next thought was "Oh, just another telemarketing agency." (Since Matt left the military all our contact info is everywhere and we have tons of schools trying to recruit us all the time. So we never answer numbers we don't recognize.) But I suddenly had a feeling I needed to answer it. Then it was like someone whispered directly into my brain "It's that attorney...." And I had a shiver of excitement but tried not to get too excited so I didn't sound like a total goob on the phone. (This all happened in the span of about 4 seconds, haha) So I answered. "Hello?" "Is this Sierra?" "Yes it is" "Hi, this is (name of the wonderful attorney I interviewed with a week ago), I'm calling to offer you a job." Silence.... "Really?" "Well, yes if you are still interested! haha" "That's great! When can I start?"

One week after we got such bad news from Matt's former employer (still can not speak their name without choking on it), we get this news. I know it's uber corny, but this is my dream job. I start the Paralegal course in January, and here I am starting as a Paralegal already because this guy has some faith in me and my abilities. We have been hoping and praying for an opportunity directed at Matt, but this effects us both and is such a huge blessing. The Lord truly works in mysterious ways.

Thanks to everyone for all your prayers and well wishes. Matt is still working so hard trying to find a new job, and is constantly searching for ways to keep himself busy. I am so proud of him. It has been a rough week, but one of the greatest for us. I'm so happy that Matt is still going at it, and isn't the type to throw in the towel. Love you, dear!

PS- Don't you love how I titled this "Speechless" then rambled on for ten minutes? :)

4 comments:

Audrey Seymour said...

YEAHHHHH I am jumpin up and down with excitement! Sooooo cool... You go girl!

Sierra and Matt said...

Wow you're fast! I just barely posted! hahaha. Thanks!!!

Trav kris and conley said...

Yeah! Congrats! That is so exciting! With all trials come great blessings! And this is just one of them!

Claire said...

I am doing a jig as we speak- so happy for you guys!!!