Monday, September 1, 2008

That's Amore

Well, much to Rufus's delight we are home from our San Diego Extravaganza. And even though it was only a 2 day trip, we had a ball and are both so glad we went. Our hotel was right smack dab in the middle of Little Italy, which was awesome. We were within walking distance to blocks and blocks of tons of little cafes and shops. So that was kind of a lucky coincidence. The first day we were there, we went to a Padres game. As we walked up to the ticket booth, this nice couple walked up to us and said "hey we have 2 tickets, our friends didn't show up so they're extra. They're yours if you don't mind sitting with us." We said "Heck yes!" and sat with this really nice couple and had a great time. The best part was they were $50 tickets and they were awesome seats. Usually we sit way up in the nosebleeds because the seats are still great at Petco. But I mean, these seats were down in the boxes and right behind home plate. We had a fabulous time. After the game we checked into our hotel, and ate dinner at Mona Lisa. A cute little Italian place my friend Sheree had told me about with candles on each table and FABULOUS ravioli. Later that night we took a trip down to Sea Port village where I tried my first Chocolate Dipped Frozen Banana. And let me just tell you people. Delish!! While we were there, we saw a Fire Juggler/Eater who I am convinced had a death wish, and we also saw a mime painted completely silver doing the robot to a bad 80's song. This morning we went down to the Gaslamp to walk around and do some window shopping. But you can't go to San Diego without getting some Mexican food! So we did. In the end, we came home because we started missing Rufus and he was definitely glad to see us, too. And Voila! That was our trip. I'm glad we got to spend some time just enjoying the area before we moved away. Especially since they snagged Matt for a field op and he'll be gone for 2 weeks.
Us on my birthday last year...

Us at Rubys
Take me with you!!!

I love this picture.... one of Matt's eyes is still on the game. haha.



Mike the fire juggler

Home at last

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're gorgeous dear!
don't forget you've been tagged!

Audrey Seymour said...

wait a minute, it was me audrey talking not Scott!

Reeders said...

I love that pic of you and Rufus! It's so cute. Sounds like you had fun!