Friday, October 30, 2009

To Feverishly Rip Off.... Or Not?

Okay so I'm officially putting this to a vote.
As you can see, the second bedroom in our house is currently being labeled "The Man Cave." This serves as Matt's room/our office/and a place for all his sports stuff. We came to some strange agreement (brought on by the fact that Dave got to decorate the office at Dave and Ash's place in SLC) that if he had his own Man Cave until there was a little Phillips to occupy this second bedroom, I could decorate the house how I wanted. I do not know where he came up with this, but it works for me!
It is actually a lot more finished now that it was when I took the picture. Everything has been moved around in a more convenient way, and the desk is in here now. The TV isn't on the floor anymore either, haha. Well, when we moved in the walls were THIS COLOR and had this border around the top. You can't see it well in the pic, but it's a plane, car, train, sail boat etc. (This used to be the room of a 2 and 4 year boy. Can you tell? :) ) Anyway, we painted it this green color, which was supposed to be this nice pale, nursery type color. -Turned out a bit Lime-Sherbet-Green though.- This is obviously meant to be a nursery type color, but we figured it would be best to paint it now instead of waiting until all our stuff was in the way.
So, the plan was to paint and tear down the wallpaper. But, somewhere in the middle of painting, at 12am... with a room full of paint fumes... Matt said "Hey, why don't we just leave it up?" And inside my brain I responded "Nooo!" I hate wallpaper. I'll admit there are cute prints, and this is a pretty cute one, I just hate messing with it.
The other reason Matt wants to keep this up is he thinks it will influence the sex of our first child. (Why are we worrying about this right now? I do not know... refer to other posts on the status of our reproducing. haha.) So, in his mind Cars Wallpaper = Boy. hahaha. Would anyone out there in the void please help me in convincing him this is not the case? And that a. the harder he tries to influence the heavens for a boy, the more it will backfire on him. and that b. his wifey is always right and this paper has to go! :) Muchas Gracias!

3 comments:

Audrey Seymour said...

I'm with you girl! Vote for Pedro!

I think you should paint it pink while he's at work and see what he says! :)

Trav kris and conley said...

Haha! Eh, let him have it for now! It'll be down and have pink paint in its place soon enough! Besides it's better to have it up then to hear him whine about it! (if he would that is!)

Sierra and Matt said...

hahahah I love it. He has been wanting to paint it teal (a la Miami Dolphins...) but the color he's picked out I am actually in love with! It is really pale and still surprisingly neutral, so I think we're going to do that instead. Plus he said if we painted this teal color it wouldn't match the wallpaper so he wants to take it down..... HOORAY! hahaha. (but I keep trying to tell him all his efforts will backfire and we are now having a girl first for sure. lol)